Testosterone Treatment Centers Q&A
American Male Medical is proud to provide testosterone treatment options to any individual suffering from low testosterone. We have convenient locations to serve you in Lewisville TX, Nashville TN, Sherman Oaks, and Irvine CA. For more information, please contact us or request an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Low testosterone, also known as Low-T, is a fairly common condition to experience, especially for men over 40. While there is an inevitable loss of testosterone as we age, there are also excellent treatment options available to boost or supplement testosterone levels for individuals who feel the ill effects of low testosterone levels. At American Male Medical, we would be happy to provide you with testosterone treatment if you are dealing with low testosterone levels.
By the time we reach the age of 30, our body naturally produces less testosterone. As such, aging is one of the most common causes of low testosterone levels in individuals. However, several other conditions, illnesses, or injuries can cause a person to have low testosterone levels.
Some examples of conditions, illnesses, and injuries other than aging that lead to low testosterone levels include the following
• Alcohol, opioid, or steroid abuse
• Certain medications used to treat prostate cancer
• Chronic kidney failure
• Cirrhosis of the liver
• Inflammatory diseases
• Kallmann syndrome, wherein the hypothalamus functions abnormally
• Klinefelter’s syndrome, in which an individual is born with an extra sex chromosome
• Metabolic disorders, such as hemochromatosis, wherein too much iron in the blood
• Obstructive sleep apnea
• Physical trauma to the testicles
• Pituitary gland disorders
• Pubertal delay
• Radiation exposure
• Uncontrolled or untreated type 2 diabetes mellitus
When testosterone treatment that is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is provided by qualified medical doctors with experience treating low testosterone, you can trust the safety of testosterone treatment. As such, it is important to ensure you are receiving quality treatment from qualified professionals.
At American Male Medical, our medical doctors have an excellent track record of safely and effectively providing treatment for low testosterone levels. Moreover, we will have an initial consultation with you before administering testosterone treatment, where we will discuss your medical history and overall health to ensure that you can receive testosterone treatment without any complications or undesirable side effects.
The primary method for treating low testosterone levels is testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), which can be administered in several different forms, including the following:
• Gels: applied every day to clean and dry areas of the back and arms
• Injections: administered into the muscle, typically every 10 to 14 days
• Mouth (buccal) patch: placed on the upper gum twice per day
• Subcutaneous pellets: inserted under the skin every three to six months
• Transdermal skin patch: applied to the arm or upper body once per day
There are numerous benefits to testosterone replacement therapy if you are dealing with low testosterone levels! Some of these benefits are listed as follows:
• Greater libido (sex drive) and sexual function
• Improved mood, sense of well-being, and mental clarity
• Increased muscle mass and strength, bone density, and physical performance
• Loss of body fat
• More energy
Testosterone is a sex hormone that regulates numerous bodily functions and processes, including bone mass and density, fat distribution, libido, muscle mass and strength, red blood cell generation, and sperm production. With that in mind, several different symptoms can occur when an individual experiences low testosterone levels, such as the following:
• Decreased muscle strength and bone density
• Depression, irritability, and mood swings
• Difficulties with concentration and memory
• Erectile dysfunction (ED)
• Gynecomastia (breast tissue development in men)
• Loss of body hair
• Low sex drive
We have convenient locations to serve you in Lewisville TX, Nashville TN, Sherman Oaks, and Irvine CA. For more information, please contact us or request an appointment online. We serve patients from Lewisville TX, DFW TX, Carrollton TX, Flower Mound TX, Sherman Oaks CA, Burbank CA, Glendale CA, Los Angeles CA, Irvine CA, Tustin CA, Nashville TN, Brentwood TN, and Oak Hill TN.